[Spambayes] Force Outlook Plugin installation silently

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Wed Jan 28 04:46:47 CET 2009

Alexander wrote:

> since Spambayes does not reliably detect the existence of Outlook during an
> unattended Setup when Office 2007 was installed right before Spambayes, I
> would like to know if there is a way to silently force the Outlook Plugin
> installation.

I have an opposite question. I would like to setup Spambayes on a
win2003 terminal server, but need to enable/disable the plugin on the
per user basis. The last thing I want is users overwhelming the tech
support with the "I launched Outlook today and what is this new
dialog about" question.

Is it possible?

I suppose if I install it on the terminal server and run
"outlook_addin_register.exe hkey_local_machine", the Spambayes setup
wizard will pop up for every user at the next Outlook start, right?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru