[Spambayes] Spambayes Stops Filtering

Thomas Sobota thomas.sobota at apri.com
Thu Mar 20 06:27:53 CET 2008

I have been using Spambayes for a few years on my old pc running windows 2000
and outlook 2000.  We run Microsoft exchange sever.  I leave my computer at
my desk at work on 24/7 with outlook running but minimized. Spambayes was
always filtering messages   I upgraded to a computer running Windows XP and
outlook 2003 and now Spambayes stops filtering and I have to start it again
by going to the filter menu and click on start filtering.  It seems to stop
either when outlook is minimized or when the screensaver activates.

This is especially difficult because I check my e-mail from the road and with
my old system running it would keep my inbox free of spam just by leaving  my
computer at the office running with outlook open.  Now once I leave the
office my inbox fills up with spam and I can't get Spambayes to filter until
I get back to the office.

Is there a way to get Spambayes to filter all of the time again?

Regards,

Tom Sobota

Thomas H. Sobota, Ph.D.

Chief Technology Officer

Advanced Projects Research, Incorporated

1925 McKinley Avenue, Suite B

La Verne, CA 91750

Phone 909 228 9950

Fax 909 392 3156