[Spambayes] [ 1819910 ] AttributeError, get_statistics_start_date : FIXED

Daniel Miller millerdev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:34:26 CET 2008

Hi,

I'd like a little peer review if someone with a bit of knowledge of the spambayes 1.1 internals would have a moment. I'm working with another ThunderBayes user (Chad Nelson) to try to integrate SpamBayes 1.1a4 into ThunderBayes so it supports SSL out of the box.

Chad has posted an initial fix for a bug[0] that prevents SpamBayes 1.1a4 from working with ThunderBayes (his handle is chadaaronnelson). Being a bit uncomfortable with Chad's fix because it omitted some resource cleanup in State.close(), I dug in and found the deeper reason for the problem. See my comment on the SF bug page[0] for more details (my SF handle is heres4). Is there any chance that this could be committed and a new release of SpamBayes published (preferrably without the alpha tag)? If it doesn't happen soon I'll be shipping a patched version of SpamBayes with the next release of ThunderBayes.

~ Daniel
  (original author of ThunderBayes)

[0] <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1819910&group_id=61702&atid=498103>