[Spambayes] spamdatabase doesn't grow anymore

Maarten Vanachter mv at scoutsengidsenvlaanderen.be
Tue May 29 10:35:31 CEST 2007

Hi
We are using spambayes with Communigate Pro on a Windows 2003 server
For training the database we use the sb_filter.py script on a mailbox

C:\python24\python.exe C:\python24\scripts\sb_filter.py -d spamdb2.db -s
"..\CommuniGate Files\Accounts\spam.mdir" >nul
C:\python24\python.exe C:\python24\scripts\sb_filter.py -d spamdb2.db -g
"..\CommuniGate Files\Accounts\nospam.mdir" >nul

and this has worked very goeed for a long time. But recently we had a
lot of spams coming trough and
saw that the spamdb.db filesize stays at 82.040 KB ! Normally after
training the filesize always grows.
We've started with a new database, however after 2 weeks the filesize
stays at 20.680 KB.

Spambayes still functions ok but we feel we can't update the database
anymore ...

I guess this a software problem because of the filesize (just about 20GB
and 80GB)

Has anyone seen this before, any suggestions is welcome.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Maarten Vanachter
Verantwoordelijke Informatica