[Spambayes] Spambayes with Courier MTA

mike at ingenious.co.nz mike at ingenious.co.nz
Mon May 7 15:39:13 CEST 2007

I have been trying to get spambayes working on a near-default instalation of
Courier running on Ubuntu Linux.  I don't have a lot of experience with
Linux, and am not sure how to diagnose the problem.

The courier mail system works fine without Spambayes, and I can run the
Spambayes script in a shell to train the database, but when I try to call
Spambayes from the Courier daemon (e.g by adding DEFAULTDELIVERY="|
/usr/local/bin/sb_filter.py | /usr/bin/maildrop" in courierd), if just hangs
the daemon whenever a new mail item arrives.

Any hints as to how to troubleshoot?

TIA Mike