[Spambayes] Recover from Spam/Delete as Spam not working

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jun 8 08:30:06 CEST 2007

> Spam bayes works great on incoming messages but since few
> days the buttons
> appears not working. Also after changing folders suspect
> messages still in
> Junk Suspects.
> Checked all FAQ, did every hint but no result.

Your log has the entries:

  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 120, in __setitem__
bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

So somehow your training DB has become corrupt (sadly, that isn't as
uncommon as we would like).  Try retraining SpamBayes via the "Training"
tab, and select the "rebuild entire database" option - this should remove
the old DB and replace it with a good one.

> Regards from Austria

Regards from Australia :)

Mark