[Spambayes] Spambayes does not start automatically anymore - Kubuntu Feisty

Joseph Dal Molin dalmolin at e-cology.ca
Tue Jul 24 15:22:35 CEST 2007

Thanks Skip that will work... I also found the following script on the
Spambayes site which sounds very good as it is tied to starting and
stopping my mail client... will let the list know if it works:

"This script launches SpamBayes then Thunderbird. Once Thunderbird
quits, SpamBayes is shut down."

#!/bin/bash

# SpamBayes database and configuration files are stored at $SB_HOME
SB_HOME=~/spambayes

[ ! -d $SB_HOME ] && mkdir $SB_HOME
cd $SB_HOME
# Launch the proxy in background
sb_server.py &
# Launch the email client
mozilla-thunderbird
# Shutdown the server (taken from sb_server.py)
python - <<-EOS
from urllib import urlopen, urlencode
urlopen('http://localhost:8880/save',
         urlencode({'how': 'Save & shutdown'})).read()
EOS