[Spambayes] Migrating Spambayes Database to Barracuda

Spam spamaway at excite.com
Sat Jan 27 01:25:11 CET 2007

 I'm a long time fan of Spambayes and use it to manage my incoming spam that arrives to Outlook. My ISP uses Barracuda spam filtering (http://www.barracudanetworks.com) on their server and to properly train it, I would be forced to process all of my Email via a web interface. The problem is that all of my contacts are in Outlook which is the preferred Email client I like to use. I have a relatively good Spambayes Bayesian database and see that Barracuda also accepts a Bayesian database. When I attempted to upload my local default_bayes_database.db to the Barracuda system of my ISP, I received a message that "Unable to restore Bayesian database." I'm assuming it is because the structure of the two Bayesian databases are not compatible/consistent. Has anyone had experience migrating the information/settings from Spambayes to Barracuda?