[Spambayes] all of the sudden, spambayes quit working

Matt Fischer tadowguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 23:16:36 CET 2007

I have been using Spambayes for about 2 years now, but all of the sudden it
quit working.  I dont have much info on the failure, is there a "verbose"
option that I can enable?  Also, I did try resetting my database, but the
result was the same.

procmail: Locking "hamlock"
procmail: Executing "sb_filter.py,-d,.hammie.db"
/home/mfischer/sb_filter.py: sb_filter.py: Transport endpoint is not
connected
procmail: Error while writing to "sb_filter.py"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
procmail: Unlocking "hamlock"

Here's my procmail file (the relevant portion):

      :0fw:hamlock
      | /home/mfischer/local/bin/sb_filter.py -d $HOME/.hammie.db

I was able to manually run sb_filter.py -h, -v, and -n.

My system (shared host) has python 2.3.5