[Spambayes] Using spambayes for non email spam

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Aug 30 15:52:58 CEST 2007

    Sudeep> I moderate a public message board with close to a 100000
    Sudeep> users.There are a lot of spammy posts which take up a lot of
    Sudeep> time to physically clean up.

Sedeep,

I added a core_server.py application to the latest SpamBayes alpha
distribution.  It was written with the intent that web applications and
other non-email apps could use it to train and score submissions.  It
supports an XML-RPC interface so you should be able to talk to it from apps
written in just about any common language.  The top-level README.txt file
has some usage information.  It's only been tested on Unix systems (I
developed it on a Mac, and the Python bug tracker runs it on Linux), so if
you want it to run on Windows you might have a little work to do (maybe
cygwin or mingw would be sufficient there).

If you have any questions, drop me a note.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/