[Spambayes] ham, Sending larger files

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Apr 30 15:01:58 CEST 2007

I also have that problem at our company.  One user routinely sends large
images and forms via email, so I had to turn off the smtp proxy for her
account.  Anything above ~1MB would lock the server for a long time,
then finally, the sending of the message would fail.  Fortunately, she
was using Thunderbird, and by adding the Thunderbayes extension, she
could continue to train messages using Thunderbayes rather than the
outgoing proxy.  A bug was filed by someone some time ago, but the last
time I looked, it was not assigned to anyone.
Your options are:
1. Disable the smtp proxy for the large message, then re-enable.
2. Train through the web interface.
3. Switch to Thunderbird/Thunderbayes.
     http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Spambayes is still a great program.  I had 281 messages this morning,
and they all went to the right folder.

Dale