[Spambayes] Filter By Language?

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Wed Oct 18 13:46:31 CEST 2006

There's a subset of the user community (I guess Quinn is a member) that
ritually denounces Outlook for a host of shortcomings with little regard
for whether those shortcomings are real. I've used Outlook 2003 for only
a few months, but my observation so far is that its junk mail filter
works pretty well - about as well as Spambayes, actually. Indeed, I've
been meaning to suggest that Spambayes take advantage of that by
training on any manual movement of messages out of the junk mail folder.
You can, of course, use the "delete as spam" button on a message in the
junk mail folder, but not the "recover from spam" button.

You could, I suppose, use Outlook's junk mail folder as Spambayes's spam
folder; but in an Exchange environment Outlook's junk mail folder has to
be in your Exchange inbox, while I've found it useful to place my
Spambayes folders in a .pst file.

Bob