[Spambayes] GIF spams

John T. Guthrie guthrie at counterexample.org
Fri Oct 13 22:57:14 CEST 2006

Hello all,

Recently I have been getting pounded with spams that contain an
HTML-embedded GIF, followed by some random gibberish text.  The actual
spam message is in the GIF image.  Since the GIF image is in a HTML img
tag, spambayes strips it out before trying to process the message.
Because the text is all random text, spambayes is actually giving some
of these mails a score of 0.00.  Are there any suggestions on how I can
handle these with spambayes?  If anyone is interested, I can forward
several of these messages.

Thanks.

--
John Guthrie