[Spambayes] FW: Spambayes Windows Setup

Thomas L tleish at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:16:55 CET 2006

I am having problems getting this to run on Windows.  If I download and
install the executable, I don't also need to install python do I?  That's
only if I doing from source, correct?

When attempting to use the config web pages, I try to save my configuration
and get:

http://localhost:8880/changeopts

500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 476, in found_terminator

  File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 884, in onChangeopts

  File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 782, in reReadOptions

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 1007, in _recreateState

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 1022, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 822, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 889, in createWorkers

  File "spambayes\Stats.pyc", line 60, in __init__

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'get_statistics_start_date'

Then after a few tries, I attempt to go back to the home page and get:

http://localhost:8880/home

500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 476, in found_terminator

  File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 184, in onHome

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 835, in buildStatusStrings

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'nspam'

It's not until I stop and restart the program that I can get a valid page
again.

Even with the above errors, the config changes seem to be sticking.  I
confirmed that in the config file, however it doesn't seem to work with my
Outlook Express.

http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-express

I followed the instructions from the above link step for step several times
and have still yet to get it to work.

I am a software developer, so I'm not a novice when it comes to this type of
stuff.  I've searched the list for solutions, and have seen other people ask
similar questions to this, but no replies.

I'm willing to test out a few things and try to dig down to figure out why
it's not working.   I've looked for logs to indicate any problems... found
one, but the little information didn't seem to raise any red flags.

Thank  you,
-Thomas