[Spambayes] Training Question - Status configuration

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 9 01:36:00 CEST 2006

[...]
> the "warning" is what I am writing about. I read that
> there should be a more equal ratio of spam/ham but
> how are we to create that ratio when email continues
> to come in a skewered (in in my case a 15:211) ratio? I
> could unsubscribe from lists and then the spam would
> be more equal but obviously that's not practical.

We recommend not training on all messages, but rather using a mistake-
based training approach.  Train any messages that are incorrectly
classified and any messages that are unsure.

[...]
> there's no global option to list everything
> as defer & then select the Spam & equal #'s of HAM
> for training purposes.

Yes, there is.  These are the "Default training for ham", "Default
training for spam", and "Default training for unsure" options.  They
are on the advanced configuration page.

=Tony.Meyer