[Spambayes] Unique text = ham?

Tim Stone tim at aterraform.com
Mon Mar 27 04:09:57 CEST 2006

The pop3proxy uses the same filtering as all of the other spambayes
interfaces.  There is no difference there.

There is no function at this point to always flag a unique sequence of
characters as non-spam.  Presuming that the unique sequence of
characters occurs only in ham for you, and you train enough of them,
then spambayes will eventually get it right.  I might suggest, however,
that you implement a rule in your mailer that looks for that sequence
and simply files it off to a folder before the rule that moves flagged
spam gets ahold of it.  That way, whether or not spambayes has flagged
it as spam is of no consequence.

Generally speaking, spambayes flags mail as likely spam or not, but it's
up to your mailer to do something with that information.  If you're
using outlook, then the spambayes plugin is a bit more proactive than
that, but that's the only exception.