[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] Two mail boxes, one user

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 22 10:40:25 CEST 2006

> My question is what will happen if I want to filter spam on two
> mailboxes that I have access rights to, in Outlook. (2003 11.8002
> SP2 XP)
>

> If the other mailbox is a shared one, with other users also wishing
> to benefit from the spam filtering (=we all agree what is spam),
> who should run Spambayes, and are there authorisation issues?

SpamBayes should be able to do this, with any user that has the
appropriate rights (enough to both read and move messages).  It
wouldn't matter which user did this, although it should probably just
be one, with only that user using the "Delete as Spam" and "Recover
from Spam" buttons (or there would be two databases being used).

However, I recall messages to spambayes at python.org in the past that
have indicated that there have been problems with this.  I don't
recall what the resolution of those were.

The thing to do is try it - if the messages aren't filtered, then
post a copy of the most recent log to this list (not spambayes-
dev at python.org - that's for discussion about the development of
SpamBayes).

=Tony.Meyer