[Spambayes] Spambayes question re: training version 1.1a3

John Edelmann edelmann at hcst.net
Wed Dec 13 14:25:47 CET 2006

Folks,

new user to spambayes here.  I have outlook express using the POP3/SMTP approach, without a SERVICE defined.

I'm having 1 problem and I have 1 question.

Problem:  EVery time I change configuration parameters I have to REBOOT before the localhost:8880 port will work (except for the configure page).  "/Home" gives me page not found, and immediately after I do the config, I get various database looking errors... see below (from the /changeopts page)

500 Server error
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 476, in found_terminator

  File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 884, in onChangeopts

  File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 782, in reReadOptions

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 1007, in _recreateState

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 1022, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 822, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 889, in createWorkers

  File "spambayes\Stats.pyc", line 60, in __init__

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_statistics_start_date'QUESTION:  What is the purpose of "DISCARD" in the training button list? I under stand defer, spam, and ham.  What is the intentbehind "DISCARD"?  (I guess I could try it... )I'm assuming, nevertheless, that the entire point of Spambayes in a proxy server approach as I use it with Outlook EXPRESS,is that the emails are annotated somehow (either in subject or by an additional fictitious email recipient of spam at spambayes.invalid) and a rule is then defined in Outlook Express to handle such recipients (by moving the messages to a junk mail folder).Thanks!