[Spambayes] My mail is being picked up as SPAM

Mel Jensen mel.jensen at clic2business.com
Mon Dec 11 17:37:08 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm a web developer, and my company provides an off the shelf ecommerce
solution, which in turn allows the webstore owners to communicate to their
customers via email.  We have recently changed email systems to Mdaemon, and
since then, some mails I receive from the system are being flagged as
follows:

1.6 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%

This in itself isn't too bad, as it's still quite low, and varies from email
to email, but I would like to issue some guidelines on the site that certain
things will trigger SPAM filters, and as we are certainly not in the
business of SPAM, and would remove anyone from our system immediately should
they be communicating to people unless they had expressly opted-in, I'm
wondering if you offer any guidelines for companies such as ourselves.

My customers are getting annoyed that their customers, whom want to receive
information about special offers, are not always receiving them.  We have
introduced a whitelisting policy and guidelines, but I want to have the best
chance of delivering high quality, desired emails, and I want to do it
right.

Thank you in advance,

Mel

T. 01784 419968