[Spambayes] training suggestions

Dhaval Patel dhaval at patel.sh
Thu Aug 3 22:04:08 CEST 2006

Interesting.

So now I am confused what the -f options is for. I dont use it because I dont want to
retrain everything, just the ones that have NOT been trained yet. Am I wrong in assuming
this?

Now that I think about it, the best thing would be to do the following:

1. message comes in to the filter
2. filter sorts it as ham or spam
3. db is trained with this message ham or spam (just this one message)

when the user sorts messages (put spam from inbox -> spam folder)
4. the changes to the db made in step 3 get undone and the message gets trained as spam
(similarly if the user moved form spam folder -> inbox)

Can spambayes do this? Can I specify just a message id or a list of message ids? ( I use
maildir format mail storage)

Thanks,
Dhaval