[Spambayes] Spam in Images

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Aug 2 01:29:20 CEST 2006

    Alan> I haven't thought of a decent way to filter these types of things.
    Alan> I hope someone else can and that it can get implemented into
    Alan> SpamBayes....

    Alan> Does anyone have any good suggestions?

This topic has come up several times in the past.  There is, as yet, no
perfect way to identify these sorts of spams.  The last time it came up
(maybe a month ago), optical character recognition (OCR) came up as a
possible means of getting at the text.  Unfortunately, the open source tools
available fall far short of the mark as far as accuracy is concerned.

Perhaps image size would be a helpful clue.  I don't know if anyone has
tried that before.

Skip