[Spambayes] Database Recovery

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 5 07:07:06 CEST 2005

>> I received the following message: DBRunRecoveryError: (-30978,
>> 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery -- PANIC:
>> Invalid argument')
>> According to the FAQ file I should delete the database.
>> I was not able to find the databse in order to delete it.

The configuration page of the web interface tells you where it is.
The most likely place is C:\Documents and Settings\{username}
\Application Data\SpamBayes\hammie.db but it will vary depending on
which version of Windows you are using and how it is set up.

>> I think that a hyperlink for database deletion or a documenting
>> the name of the database is needed.
>
> I received your automated answer.
> I already looked for answer in the  FAQ file and did not find.

It's there, but it's not simple to find, since it's in the answer to
other questions.  This FAQ tells you what to do about that <0.5 wink>:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#what-do-i-need-to-do-to-update-the-faq>

=Tony.Meyer