[Spambayes] AssertionError: assert spamcount <= nspam ??

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Mon May 9 18:27:45 CEST 2005

Tony Meyer wrote:
> Is .hammiedb a pickle or bsddb database?  It looks like it's a bsddb
> database, but you're telling sb_dbexpimp.py that it's a pickle.  Try this:
>
>   sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d .hammiedb -f hammiedb.csv

Doh!!!  That was it.

> It's probably not the corruption of token counts, but of the total messages
> trained (at least that was the case ages back when this problem was common).
> It shouldn't be possible for training that successfully completes to cause
> this problem - if it does, then yes it's a bug (and if you can figure a way
> for that to happen, please open a bug tracker on sourceforge and we'll
> address it).

I restored a .hammiedb from backups from the day before the problem
occurred and have continued re-training on errors from there.  So far
the problem has not re-occurred.

I'm wondering if it's a locking issue.  The filter is run out of
Procmail which uses locking but my train on error script doesn't do any
locking by itself.  I'm assuming that the Spam Bayes scripts do locking
on the hammiedb file to prevent problems.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org