[Spambayes] RE: [ 1113863 ] sb_tray eats all cpu tim

Geoff Cheshire gcmaildrop at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 02:15:21 CET 2005

Thanks for the quick and informative reply.  My problem is that my
mail server/internet connection *is* available.  It's just that I'm
getting this behavior for some other reason.  A timeout perhaps?  (As
I said, I'm chaining Spambayes behind ClamMail, which seems to be a
bit unreliable.  I often have to restart Thunderbird's downloading of
multiple messages (say, more than 5 at a time).

When this problem occurs -- the 100% CPU and huge log file -- nothing
I do can get Spambayes up and running again.  I have to kill the
sb_tray.exe process and each time I restart it, it again pegs the CPU
load and stalls.  No messages come through.  This is while I have an
active internet connection and my pop3 server is available.

This week has been ridiculously busy for me.  I may be able to tackle
putting together a package by this weekend or next week.  Possibly.

Thanks again,
Geoff