[Spambayes] Outlook Express

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Mar 2 03:33:11 CET 2005

> SpamBayes is working fine but I don't know how to link
> it to Outlook Express so I can automatically delete spam.

Because Outlook Express is so limited, you have to get SpamBayes to add the
classification to the Subject (or To: list) and get Outlook Express to
filter on that.

To get SpamBayes to add the classification:

  1.  Right click on the SpamBayes (little envelope) icon in the tray (next
to the clock), and choose "Configure..."

  2.  About halfway down the page there are options for "Notate To" and
"Notate Subject".  Tick the "unsure" and "spam" boxes for "Notate Subject".

  3.  Save the configuration changes (bottom of the page).

Incoming spam/unsure mail will now have "spam," or "unsure," added to the
subject.

To get Outlook Express to filter on these:

  1.  From the "Tools" menu, choose "Message Rules", then "Mail".

  2.  Click "New"

  3.