[Spambayes] Ver 1.0.4 (downgrade from 1.1a1) sb_server.py starterror

Vys0 vys0 at epf.pl
Mon Jun 20 08:52:55 CEST 2005

Dnia poniedziałek, 20 czerwca 2005 07:16, napisałeś:

> > as I lost my database again (using 1.1a1) I tried to
> > downgrade to 1.0.4 today.
>
> [...]
>
> > Tried to run the server - and got this:
>
> [...]
>
> > AttributeError: State instance has no attribute 'lang_manager'
>
> I think that distutils (the thing that the setup.py script runs) won't
> overwrite the module if the version is newer.  Try using "--force", e.g.:
>
>    python setup.py install --force
>
> And that should solve the problem.  (You'll need to do this as a user with
> write access to the Python lib directory, unless you install elsewhere).
>
> =Tony.Meyer

Thx, this worked fine, as far as sb_server is concerned. It owerwrote the
files (list of changes was longer than without --force switch).
Anyway - server started. Finally. Without database (as I deleted all files).
So I launched the commandline learning (as I have my spam saved into files):

-----------------------
[vys0 at agnich spambayes-1.0.4]$ sb_mboxtrain.py -g ~/tmp/ham1 -g ~/tmp/ham2 -g
~/tmp/ham3 -g ~/tmp/ham4 -g ~/tmp/ham5 -s ~/tmp/spam
Training ham (/home/vys0/tmp/ham1):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 19 messages
Training ham (/home/vys0/tmp/ham2):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 23 messages
Training ham (/home/vys0/tmp/ham3):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 18 messages
Training ham (/home/vys0/tmp/ham4):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 12 messages
Training ham (/home/vys0/tmp/ham5):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 4 messages
Training spam (/home/vys0/tmp/spam):
  Reading as Unix mbox
  Trained 0 out of 254 messages

Strange - I worked on those files before, and they were OK. Spambayes was able
to learn on them. What could be the reason? Files were created in KMail,
using "save" option - these are plain TXT files, with FROM: starting in a new
line.

And, as for CVS version - will it overwrite "corrupted" files? As I use 1.0.4
ATM - will it work fine with this version ? :>
I am quite new to Linux, so bear with me :) if this is trivial to all of you.

Thank you in advance.