[Spambayes] SpamBayes Not Running...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 30 03:19:29 CEST 2005

> I have the icon in my Systems Tray, but it tells me that
> "SpamBayes is not running" and I cannot get it to "run" by
> clicking on it or opening it.

In that case, we'll need to see your log files to know what is going wrong.
These are in your temp directory, probably 'C:\Documents and
Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp' and called SpambayesServer1.log,
SpambayesServer2.log, and so forth.

> I did not know about the specific problems SpamBayes has with
> Outlook Express until after I downloaded it [...] thus, I am
> considering deleting it and doing a clean download.  What do
> you suggest?

Problems?  What problems?  Outlook Express is an extremely limited mail
client (probably *the* most limited mail client in use; even many webmail
systems have more functionality) and so you have to do more work to get
SpamBayes running, but there aren't any problems, AFAIK.  Certainly it seems
unlikely that reinstalling with help anything.  (The logs will have
information about what is wrong, and then we can explain how to fix it).

=Tony.Meyer