[Spambayes] unable to use spambayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 22 07:17:24 CEST 2005

> I went through the steps to configure outlook express,
> including going to the spambayes config page and entering
> my APA3 serveer's name in the top box.  In outlook express,
> I went to tools>accounts>properties>servers, and put in
> localhost.  When it didn't work (and after creating and
> deleting junk mail and possible spam folders, I went back
> and undid everything I just described above.

Please describe "didn't work" more fully.  Did you get an error?  If so,
what was it?  Did no mail arrive?  Did mail arrive but didn't get caught by
your rules in OE?  Did mail arrive but not get classified?  What happened if
you looked at the review page in the SpamBayes web interface - was there
mail there?

What does the log files say?  (The troubleshooting guide explains how to
find the log files).

=Tony.Meyer