[Spambayes] spambayes, AVG antivirus, and Thunderbird on Windows

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jul 21 01:01:00 CEST 2005

I've used the Windows installer to install the binary version of sb_server. It
reported no errors, and I'm able to access the configuration page. I
configured it to proxy pop on port 1110 and entered localhost for the server.
When I try to access mail, I can see AVG popping up a little informational
dialog. The mail access failed without a meaningful message. I took a look at
AVG's settings page, and it is proxying as well on port 10110. I guess I have
to proxy the proxy or something like that. I couldn't find any instructions
on the website. I did a search of the archives, and turned up several folks
who were using the same combination of software, but no explanations as to
how they configured it. Could someone give me a hand?

Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA