[Spambayes] Spambayes-Exception

Howard Slatter haslatter at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 18 20:31:04 CEST 2005

Hallo,

I am running Spambayes 1.0.5 under Windows XP, interfacing with Eudora, on
both my own desktop PC and my wife's laptop.  As far as I can tell, the two
set-ups are identical, and I have no problems at all on my desktop.

However, on the laptop things are decidedly different.  About half the mail
(mainly spam, but some ham as well) picks up the following headers, and
comes straight through to the inbox (others are correctly classified as ham
or spam or in some cases unsure):

  .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 263, in setId
  .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 119, in _getState
  .  File "shelve.pyc", line 118, in __getitem__
  .  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 116, in __getitem__
  .DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
  recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

Can anyone tell me what's going on, and how to avoid this?

Thanks.

--
Howard Slatter
Cambridge, England