[Spambayes] Fw: SpamBayes Failure

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Jul 16 05:28:38 CEST 2005

> I had restarted my PC but my auto startup executed
> OE *before* spambayes, so I guess it was unable to
> connect
>
> Does that sound correct?

OE will not be able to connect to SpamBayes if SpamBayes is not running, yes.  If this is the problem, then it would be only the first time that OE checked for mail that would have an error, and then (after SpamBayes had started) things should work.

The FAQ includes a diagram explaining how the SpamBayes POP3 proxy works, if you'd like more information about why SpamBayes needs to be running.

=Tony.Meyer