[Spambayes] problem with toolbar buttons

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jul 14 00:52:26 CEST 2005

> I am using SpamBayes on my Outlook 2002.  The
> toolbar buttons do not seem to work most of the time.

If you check your log (SpamBayes->SpamBayes Manager->
Advanced->Diagnostics->Show Log), I suspect you will find
an error for each time you have clicked the "Delete as" or
"Recover from" buttons that mentions a "DB_RUNRECOVERY" error.

If this is so, then the problem is that your database has been
corrupted.  Unfortunately, the only solution is to retrain from
scratch (thankfully, SpamBayes learns very fast).

To retrain from scratch, either use the "Training" tab, and tick
the "Rebuild entire database" box, or manually delete the
default_bayes_database.db and default_message_database.db files
in the data directory.

=Tony.Meyer