[Spambayes] X-Spambayes-Exception in classifier.py

LUK ShunTim shumtim.luk at polyu.edu.hk
Sat Jul 9 15:44:21 CEST 2005

Meyer, Tony wrote:
>>Having dot spambayes working great for about a
>>week, it suddenly stop classifying email and I
>>got this exception in my email header
>>
>><quote>
> [...]
>
>>    line 308, in probability .    assert hamcount <= nham
>>   .AssertionError
>

> This means that the database is corrupt (there's a token that has been seen in more ham than the total number of ham you have trained, which is impossible).  The best thing to do is retrain from scratch.
>
> It's pretty rare for this to occur these days.  How have you been training SpamBayes?
>
> =Tony.Meyer

Thanks very much, Tony. I now realize that.

My spam and ham mails are moved to separate mboxes and trained using
sb_mboxtrain.py. The mails are allowed to accumulated over time and I
did the training at the end of the day's work. I recalled I got over a
thousand of each and hammie.db grew to about 11 Mb. Perhaps I
overtrained. -(

Regards,
ST