[Spambayes] Follow-up on ImportError in sb_imapfilter.py

Nick Fankhauser nickf at doxpop.com
Tue Feb 8 22:05:29 CET 2005

Hi-

I figured out a workaround but I'm not sure if it is the most graceful option. After scanning a python tutorial, I started python interactively, and did:

import sys
sys.path.append("\program files\spambayes-1.0\")
[ctrl-z]

Then I altered my config.bat as follows:

cd c:\program files\spambayes-1.0.3
c:\python24\python .\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py -b

Seems like a bit of a kludge, bu I'm working now.

BTW, when looking at the comments in sb_imapfilter.py, I note that it says IMAP over SSL is relatively untested. I've been using IMAP/SSL for months with no problem and will continue to do so, so it is now somewhat more tested. Congrats to the author for a pretty clean alpha version.

Regards,
     -Nick

Nick Fankhauser

     nickf at doxpop.com   Phone 765.965.7363   Fax 765.962.9788
Doxpop - Access to county court records without leaving your desk.
                       http://www.doxpop.com