[Spambayes] Outlook version with experimental options

John Fix 3rd john3 at cornells.com
Fri Feb 4 01:52:03 CET 2005

I played around a bit with the experimental Spambayes options and ran into
some quirks. When I enabled the x-only_slurp_base and x-slurp_urls options
and restarted Outlook I got several errors:

- The Outlook reminder service did not start
- POP3 email retrieval failed
- When I opened the Spambayes manager the lists of folders to scan for spam
and ham was corrupt (i.e. several folders said <unknown>.

I changed the options back to FALSE (see attached .ini file) and restarted
Outlook and the errors went away and the file folders looked fine.

Just wanted to pass this along...great program BTW!

John
Cornell's True Value Hardware
Eastchester, NY
www.cornells.com