[Spambayes] Spambayes disappeared!

Ben Peterson bpeterson at casestack.com
Tue Aug 30 19:13:33 CEST 2005

Hello Spambayes experts,

Hopefully you can help me quickly solve this one:  I have a friend who
installed Spambayes on his pc (XP Home, Outlook XP) and it worked fine for a
month.  Yesterday, he calls me and says that the spambayes toolbar no longer
appears in his outlook toolbar.  I uninstalled and reinstalled spambayes,
with no weird error messages, and still no spambayes toolbar.  All the
correct files are present in C:\Program Files\SpamBayes, but there are no
spambayes logs in \Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp.  I
already tried to manually add the toolbar in outlook, but it looks like
spambayes did not even register the outlook addin, even though it said it
did in the install.  Any ideas?

Ben Peterson
Network Administrator
Casestack, Inc.