[Spambayes] Windows 2003 Server SP1 breaks Outlook Plugin?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Apr 22 06:41:23 CEST 2005

> I just installed Windows 2003 Server SP1 on my laptop.  After
> the reboot, Outlook 2003 reported a problem with SpamBayes,
> and asked to disable it.  I agreed.
[...]
> I found the troubleshooting section and re-enabled the plugin.
> Now I'm in an infinite loop of Outlook crashes.

Outlook crashing is the hardest thing to figure out.  Things you could try:

  * Doing a "Detect and Repair" on Outlook.

  * Removing the {profile name}.ini (maybe "Outlook.ini") file in the
SpamBayes data directory.  This will wipe out your configuration (but not
training), in case the problem is trying to access some folder that doesn't
want to be accessed anymore.

  * Have a look at the SpamBayes log file - firstly, does one get created
when you launch Outlook and it crashes?  (If not then the add-in isn't even
really starting).  If there is one, are there any errors?  Where does it get
up to before Outlook dies?

=Tony.Meyer