[Spambayes] Feature Request

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 20 02:54:16 CEST 2005

> W/o diving into this interesting flame (:-) I would
> like to make one point regarding your own setup - Myself,
> and I assume most other users of SB do NOT have access
> to the step in mail food chain where procmail and similar
> tools can be installed & configured. We're stuck with the
> organizational policy of using an end-user mail client
> (like Outlook) so the only weapon that we have is a
> plug-in in Outlook (or the SB proxy for POP3).

You can do whitelisting in Outlook, though - just use the "sender is in
specified address book" rule.  I'm sure you could do it in Outlook Express,
too, although it's probably a lot more work.  Skip (like other procmail
users) has more flexibility - especially with training - but whitelisting,
as he said, is well within the capabilities of the rule system of pretty
much any mail client.

=Tony.Meyer