[Spambayes] 1.1a1 IMAP Problems

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 14 04:07:19 CEST 2005

> 1. First, I am getting an error message that says, "This
> application has failed to start because python 2.3 dll was not
> found". This error message displays, for example, when I execute
> "sb_imapfilter.py -b", but the Web Interface opens and I am
> (seemingly) able to configure the client. Does this mean that I
> need to be using Python 2.3? (I'm using 2.4.1.)

No - sb_imapfilter should work with 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4.  It doesn't load any
dll's at all, Python takes care of that.  Is something wrong with your
Python install, perhaps?  What happens if you open a command window and type
"python"?  Does the error appear then?

> 2. I set ham training to my INBOX (221 messages) and INBOX.New
> (4146 messages) folders, and spam training to my INBOX.Spam
> (1968) folder. However, Status displays "Total emails trained:
> Spam: 0 Ham: 101". Why were not all the messages in my three
> training folders trained?

What appeared in the imapfilter output?  Are these messages all undeleted?

=Tony.Meyer