[Spambayes] Moving Data_Directory

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 08:24:59 CEST 2004

> In my SpamBayes program file folder (C:\Program Files\SpamBayes) I put
> the following files:
> 	default_bayes_database.db
> 	default_message_database.db
> 	Outlook.ini (untouched)
> 	default_configuration.ini (containing the two lines below)
>
> 		[General]
> 		data_directory: 'C:\Program Files\SpamBayes'
>
> I tried these with/without the space and with/without the
> quotes but it kept recreating new database files in my profile
> directory.  I also tried this without any other such files in my
> profile directory (C:\Documents and Settings\scottm\Application
> Data\SpamBayes).

The documentation is inexact here (and needs to be fixed).  You need to put
the default_configuration.ini file in either:

  c:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin
Or
  c:\Documents and Settings\scottm\Application Data\SpamBayes

And it will work as advertised.  Don't have the quotes in the filename - the
space shouldn't make any difference.

=Tony Meyer

---