[Spambayes] junk folder problems

Windhorn, Allen, E. [LS/MKT] Allen.Windhorn at LSUSA.com
Mon Sep 20 15:27:50 CEST 2004

> Message: 10
> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:49:17 +1200
> From: "Tony Meyer" <tameyer at ihug.co.nz>
>
> > Something has happened to change the configuration
> > of the filtering system.  I used to be able to see
> > the 'junk folder' that spambayes put unwanted mail
> > into, but I can no longer see that file.  Spambayes
> > is continuing to filter my inbox, but it's not going
> > to the junk folder, it's not going to deleted items
> > or to the recycle bin.  This morning, when I opened
> > my inbox, there was an email that I needed to respond
> > to and it was 'taken' before I could open it.
>
> Please see FAQs 3.12 and 3.13:
>
> <http://spambayes.org/faq.html#some-of-my-mail-is-going-missing>
> <http://spambayes.org/faq.html#help-i-deleted-the-unsure-spam-folder>

Since you bring up this section of the FAQ, I must respectfully disagree
with it.  I occasionally (maybe once every couple days) see a single message
pop up in the Inbox, and then disappear.  I look in the Spam and Suspects
mailboxes, and they are empty, but the letter icon shows that something has
been received.  As far as I know, it never shows up in Deleted either.  I
have never used any filters in any of the mailboxes.  It doesn't bother me
any, because it's always spam, but someone with training problems could lose
real mail this way (if it is actually happening as I describe).  Of course,
it could be happening a lot more often than I am able to catch.

Regards,
Allen