[Spambayes] Spambayes stopped working

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 16 07:20:37 CEST 2004

[It doesn't appear that this messages to spambayes at python.org has been
answered yet - sorry about that! I've been away and so are catching up with
the messages. Please ignore if I'm wrong and this has been resolved
already.]

> spambayes has stopped working on all of my machines.
> No error messages, it appears per normal.  It simply
> stopped working.  I tried both version 1.02 and 1.09
> and they simply seem to have shutdown.
> I am running XP, (home and pro), and Outlook.  Previously,
> Spambayes worked like gangbusters.
> Is there a virus or something that is disabling spambayes?
> Have you had other instances of this problem?  I even
> uninstalled and re-installed both versions several times.
> No go.

It's very strange that it simultaneously stopped on more than one machine.
Are they sharing the database?

If you could find the most recent log for for each machine (the
troubleshooting guide - there's a copy online - explains where to find the
logs) and send it to the list, that would greatly help in figuring out the
cause.

=Tony Meyer

---