[Spambayes] Using sb_upload.py

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Sun Sep 12 09:38:42 CEST 2004

Hi. The other day I started writing a simple little application that
would allow me to train messages by dragging and dropping them from
Evolution. All has gone well, and it nearly works.

It's probably a good idea to mention at this point that I use
sb_server.py.

The last thing I need to do is to actually run the training program.
sb_upload.py looks like it ought to be the right thing, but I'm slightly
puzzled by the code.

When I run it all it appears to do is dump the message on stdout. It
sends the message to the server (I've sniffed the packets), and drops
the message into my unknown cache, but I can't work out how to make it
actually train on the message. Is it possible?

What is sb_upload.py really for?

--
Graham

P.S. Whilst poking around I noticed that the docstring says that it's
for uploading "to a web browser" (i.e. it should say "server") and that
the -n option doesn't work (easily fixed by guarding the
sys.stdout.write call with "if not null:").