[Spambayes] Re: Cant get SpamBayes to start at startup

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 22 07:35:59 CEST 2004

> I cant get SpamBayes to startup automatically at startup

The installer should have offered to set this up for you, but testing it, I
notice that it doesn't.  Worse: it appears that this has never worked
properly.

I'll get that fixed for the next version, but for the moment, what you need
to do is copy the shortcut that got installed in the start menu or on the
desktop to the "Startup" items directory.

If you're not sure how to do that, then just do this:

  1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Open /Documents and Settings/{username}/Start Menu/Programs/Startup
  3. Right-click in the window and from the pop-up menu that appears, choose
New->Shortcut
  4. In the dialog that appears, click "Browse"
  5. Navigate to the sb_tray.exe file that was installed.  This was probably
C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\sb_tray.exe.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click Finish.

That should be all that you need.