[Spambayes] installing new version of Outlook PI

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 20 22:19:06 CEST 2004

> Cool, install went well and Outlook restarted without
> any problems. It did prompt me to run the config wizard
> so I did to specify the junk/suspect folders.

This should *not* have happened.  Did you manually delete any SpamBayes
files?  Did you install as a different (Windows) user?

The un/re-install process doesn't touch any of the files in the data
directory, which is where the configuration is.  The config wizard should
only be necessary if those files aren't there.  The path includes the
(Windows) username, so they wouldn't be in the right place if that changed,
but I can't think of any other reason why they'd be missing.

The one other thing I can think of is that you actually got a message
indicating that your configuration wasn't good, and so you should fix it or
run the config wizard.  In this case, I presume you changed your email store
(the pst file, for example) at the same time?

=Tony Meyer

---