[Spambayes] Filtering

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Oct 14 22:28:15 CEST 2004

> Nothing is filtering into "junk suspects" any more;
> everything just stays in the inbox.  What could be
> causing this and how can I fix it?

Is anything working?  i.e. if you click one of the buttons on the SpamBayes
toolbar, does it do anything?  If not, then it's probably disabled (by
Outlook).  Check Help->About Microsoft Outlook->Disabled Items to see if
SpamBayes is there.

If you can click the SpamBayes button to get the SpamBayes manager, then see
if the "Enable SpamBayes" box is ticked.  If not, tick it - if you can't,
then there will be a message in the box above it explaining why.

If the box is ticked, then are the messages being scored as spam/unsure and
not moving?  Select one and use the "Show spam clues for this message"
function to see what it scored.  If it's simply being scored as ham, then
you need to do more training (if you can't figure out why it's scoring what
it is, then you can send an example of the clues to the list and we'll try
to help).  If it's scoring correctly, but not moving, then please send us a
copy of your most recent log file (the troubleshooting guide explains where
that is).

=Tony Meyer

---