[Spambayes] Merging db files continued

Lance S. Rawson lrawson at conception.edu
Tue Oct 12 18:17:47 CEST 2004

Dear Spambayes,

In your previous post you said:

1. Install Python: http://www.python.org/download
<http://www.python.org/download>  2. Get a copy of the 1.0 SpamBayes source.
3. Use the sb_dbexpimp.py script to merge the databases: [newbayes.db is the
merged db, abayes.db and bbayes.db are the two original db's to be merged.
This needs to be done in a command window, like Start->Run->cmd.exe] (a) Run
"sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d abayes.db -f abayes.export" (b) Run "sb_dbexpimp.py -e
-d bbayes.db -f bbayes.export" (c) Run "sb_dbexpimp.py -i -d newbayes.db -f
abayes.export" (d) Run "sb_dbexpimp.py -i -m -d newbayes.db -f
bbayes.export" You'll end up with three *.export files that you can delete,
as well as the new merged database. You can obviously use whatever names you
like for the files. (You do this with the default_bayes_datbase.db file,
BTW, not the default_message_database.db file, which cannot be merged).
=Tony Meyer

I installed Python and I have a copy of the 1.0 Spambayes source.  I am lost
on the third step though.  I went to the command window for in Windows XP
Professional SP2 but I can not use the run command.  Did you mean that I
need to use the command window with the Python application?  Python will
require some learning because I have never done any programming before.
Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Take Care,

Lance Rawson