[Spambayes] Outlook freezing every day

Tsombakos, John johnt at amileasing.com
Mon Oct 11 14:35:34 CEST 2004

Help!

I've installed the 1.0 version of Spambayes (Outlook plugin - Outlook 2000,
exchange server 5), but it is still freezing up Outlook. It doesn't happen
during the day and the junk mail flows in, just overnight.

My setup is I have personal folders that my email get delivered to - it
first comes to my Mailbox, then Outlook "delivers" the mail to my personal
folders. I then have some rules that move the messages to various
sub-folders.  I've tried different combinations of telling Spambays which
folder to scan - the Mailbox/Inbox (which is the Exchange server), the
Personal Folders/Inbox, and both. I've played with the background timer
settings - turning off, turning on, changing the delay times. But sometime
during the night, Spambayes just goes to la-la land, and takes Outlook with
it. I have to kill the Outlook task and restart.

Is there anything I can do? Are there suggested/recommended delay times to
use? It's driving me crazy having to have to restart outlook every day.

The Spambayes log does not show any errors - Here's the last bit of the log
before it died:

New message timer started - id=22533, delay=3000
The timer with id=22533 fired
Moved message 'Rosalyn is the paper ready yet?' to folder 'Mailbox -
Tsombakos, John/New Spam'
Message 'Rosalyn is the paper ready yet?' in 'Personal Folders/Inbox' had a
Spam classification of 'Yes'
New message timer started - id=22525, delay=2000
The timer with id=22525 fired
The new message timer found no new items, so is stopping
New message timer started - id=22510, delay=3000
The timer with id=22510 fired
Moved message 'Publicite x Email icsc  bqilrvazbtqaw' to folder 'Mailbox -
Tsombakos, John/New Spam'
Message 'Publicite x Email icsc  bqilrvazbtqaw' in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
had a Spam classification of 'Yes'
New message timer started - id=22506, delay=2000
The timer with id=22506 fired
The new message timer found no new items, so is stopping

Here is the beginning of the next log, after I restarted Outlook:

System verbosity set to 1
No old pickle file to migrate
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\johnt\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\johnt\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 254 spam and 81 good messages
Loaded databases in 8.10215ms
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0 (July 2004) starting (with engine
SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 4)
using Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
Folder 'Personal Folders/Inbox' already has field 'Spam'
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
Folder 'Mailbox - Tsombakos, John/New Spam' already has field 'Spam'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - Tsombakos,
John/New Spam'
Folder 'Personal Folders/Spam-Possible' already has field 'Spam'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
New message timer started - id=22464, delay=3000
The timer with id=22464 fired
Moved message 'Sleep Better Tonight; Stop Grinding Your Teeth' to folder
'Mailbox - Tsombakos, John/New Spam'
Message 'Sleep Better Tonight; Stop Grinding Your Teeth' in 'Personal
Folders/Inbox' had a Spam classification of 'Yes'

Thanks.
________