[Spambayes] Spambayes Ports

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 1 01:13:41 CEST 2004

> I have 2 email servers but I don't know what value
> to add to the Spambayes Ports for my second email
> client and as a result it doesn't work.

Just pick another number, like 111, or 1110, and put that in.  So in the
servers option you'd have something like "pop.example.com,pop2.example.com"
and in ports something like "110,111".

Then in your mailer (Outlook Express?) open up Tools->Accounts, click on the
Mail tab, and then double-click the (eg) pop2.example.com account.  In the
Advanced tab of the properties dialog that opens there is the port to
connect to, which will default to 110.  Change this to (eg) 111, and click
OK/Close all the way back.

That should be all you need to do.  It doesn't matter what port number you
choose, as long as it's one that isn't already in use.  111, 112, 113, 1110,
1111, 1112, 1113 are all unlikely to be already in use.

=Tony Meyer

---