[Spambayes] Unable to Access SpamBayes BrowserInterfaceUsingsb_imapfilter.py

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Nov 30 05:12:46 CET 2004

> Here you go:
>
> SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.5 (November 2004)
> and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).
>
> XXX Serving web interface None
> XXX Initialising base IMAP 993

Ah ha!  It appears that it will hang when it manages to connect to a remote
server, but that server doesn't give out an initial welcome message (it will
wait for it indefinitely).  Regular IMAP does this, but IMAP over SSL
doesn't.  I'll have to figure out exactly how I'll modify the code to avoid
this happening to anyone, but I suspect that the fix in your case is to open
your configuration file (probably C:\Documents and
Settings\{username}\Application Data\Proxy\bayescustomize.ini) and add in
these lines:

[imap]
use_ssl:True

(If there's already an [imap] section, you can just add the use_ssl line
under that).

=Tony.Meyer